Who are we?
Above 8 is a contemporary rooftop bar and lounge, situated on level 9 of the brand new Travelodge hotel in Hurstville. Above 8 is a unique dining experience featuring appetizing shared plates, artisan hand stretched pizzas, and meticulously-curated signature cocktails designed by our professional mixologist. An extensive list of hand-picked boutique wines and craft beers provide something new to try each time our guests visit.
We are establishing a creative and energetic team to deliver excellence, not only in service, but customer experience. Surprising ingredients, cocktail theatrics and a passionate team are all part of the experience at Above 8, and all team members are welcome to share ideas and contribute to the concept we are creating.
What are we looking for?
As the Restaurant Manager you will report to the Executive Manager – Food & Beverage Operations, this role will be responsible for the delivery of the guest experience throughout Above 8. You will be responsible for crafting the sequence of service to ensure consistency is achieved. You will be required to work with multiple stakeholders providing input on product offerings, specials, training, and facilitation of the staff service delivery.
- Review & Create service SOPs & sequence of service in order to elevate customer experience
- Facilitate the training and development (product knowledge, up selling, self confidence) of front of house staff
- Conduct performance reviews
- Provide hands on support to the floor team
- Liaise with all departments in order to improve service efficiencies (Swiftpos setup, maintenance)
- Ensure the seamless integration of the guest experience
- Elevate staff moral & offer prospect for career progression and growth
- Work with Executive Manager – F&B on beverage offering & service delivery
- Work together with kitchen brigade/head chef to ensure clear communication
- Implement and deliver scheduled promotions/events
- Create roster templates to ensure the optimal guest service is delivered according to trade
The Restaurant Manager will have a minimum of 3 years’ previous experience in a similar role at a similar size organisation. You will possess a passion for F&B and adherence to best practice, a focus on efficiency, an appetite for continual improvements, and a commitment to teamwork. The Restaurant Manager will possess the following experience and attributes.
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- Relevant qualification at Diploma level or above (or equivalent)
- Experience in proactively dealing with customer complaints
- Experience in training staff
- Experience setting and driving service standards
Salary range is between $60K-$70K plus super depending on experience.
Why would you join us?
Above 8 is owned and operated by Club Central, one of Sydney’s most successful group of Registered Clubs. You will have access to employee benefits including annual well being payments, career progression, training pathways, full uniform provided and above all the opportunity to contribute to something truly amazing and unique in the area.
- Promote an environment founded on ICC Group values: Human Dignity, Cohesion, Accountability, Community Mindfulness, Integrity.
- Advocate Above 8 in all dealings with guest and colleagues and present a professional image in all dealings with the public, suppliers, and regulators.
If this sounds exciting to you, we’d love to meet and have a chat about the opportunity available.